Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Today's Blessing
Today I went to an aerobics women's group at Gateway. The group started meeting a few weeks ago and I felt led to attend. The problem is that during the time frame is when Collin normally naps and I was not sure how well it would work out. However, God told me that I needed to get "plugged in" at church. I checked out some other groups and just kept coming back to the aerobics group on Wednesdays. I emailed the group leader and asked if it was okay to come since they had already been going and of course her response was absolutely!! I got Collin all packed up and got myself ready and we headed up there. I wanted to be there early because I needed to get Collin registered for childcare and all of that, but any of you with children know that you plan to be there early in order to be there 5 minutes late :) I got him situated and got there in time for the warm-up. I told Eric that I would be in the back row because it's been awhile, a long while, since I have had much physical activity. However, when I got there the back wall was already aligned with women and, therefore, I ended up in the front! Oh well, I thought if I make a fool out of myself I will just laugh about it later. We got right into it and I have to admit that Kendra, our group leader, is prepared to make you work hard. It was so much fun and a great workout. At the end she looked over at me and asked how I was, I said "great". So, she told everyone that since I was new and able to hang with them that we needed to do more. That made me feel good that I could do that well (or make them think so) after having a baby and not working out much. After the workout she gave us some info on some needs for the church and how we could help out. Then, we all went to lunch. Yeah, they keep the kiddos in the nursery so that we could have lunch too! We headed to Target and ate in the cafe there. It was really good and the gentleman that works there is familiar with all of them and was prepared to wait on us. It was really a good lunch. Before we left I realized that my keys were in my bag that was with Collin. Since most of them have babies over there they knew that I could not go and get my keys because Collin would see me and want to go. I got to ride to lunch with 3 other Moms. When we got there we got to talk about all kinds of things. One girl and I had a lot in common. We talked about subbing because she is a substitute teacher a couple of days a week right now. It was so wonderful to chat about our families, how God has provided for us and share some testimonies. I felt so good after we left there. It's amazing how God sent me there to meet other Christian women. I can't wait to go back next week and get to know all of these women better. Oh, and when I went to get Collin the girl said," He is so happy all of the time". I was so glad to hear that. They said he did wonderful!! I still have a smile on my face because of this blessing that I have received today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment