Thursday, October 2, 2008

One last Hoorah!

Last weekend we went down to the lake to get out in the water before it gets too cold. I got up on the ski's! Yep, on my first try! It was only my second attempt at water skiing...so I was determined to do it. I think last time I was trying too hard, plus, I had never done it before. This time I just got out there, relaxed, and let the boat pull me out of the water. I wasn't up for long...long enough to yell "Whoooooo" then I fell in. Haha. It was Eric, myself, Todd, Moms, Pops and Collin for this trip. Eric, Todd and I were the only ones that tubed. I got thrown off pretty good and it kinda hurt. Todd likes to get up on his knees like it's a knee board. Eric just likes to go really fast. We had a good time. Todd's boat was finally ready and we got to go out in it too. The Jerry Gay runs really smooth and it was good to see her in the water again. We did pull her to the boat ramp after Pops was out fishing, but luckily we have two boats now! He couldn't get it to start, but once we made it to the boat ramp Todd got it started. The battery just needs to be charged. I think we are getting this boating thing down.

Also, while we were there we got to give Gran (Moms) her b-day present from Collin. My friend Jaci is working on getting it burned to a DVD for me, but here is the "instructional video" that goes along with her gift. It is a button that she can use in her office for her or anyone else that is having a bad day.

She loved it! Hopefully we can get it burned to a disc for her to keep. Collin is a dancin' machine!! And no, I didn't prep him for this. This was the second attempt at the video. The first time we tried it he just walked around with the button in his hands and kept pushing it over and over again.

On another note, please keep our family in your prayers. We have suffered some losses in the past month that we have been dealing with. Eric's Grandpa OG passed away on Sept 12th. The day after we returned from our trip to San Diego. He was a wonderful Christian man. He is truly missed. The following week my Uncle Kenny lost his wife after she had been sick for several years. I didn't know her very well, but my Uncle has been married to her for many years. God is doing work in our family as they are pulling together to be there for him. The same week a good friend of ours lost his Grandmother and she was like family to us. She was so much fun and loved life.

1 comment:

Charlya said...

Next thing you know he'll be on Dancing with the Stars!