Saturday, November 27, 2010

This Thanksgiving we spent at home. I cooked, and probably cooked enough for 30 people! It was Eric, Collin, Riley and I. It was Riley's first Thanksgiving! After we ate we went to our neighbor's house to watch the game and have dessert. Collin and his best friend, Emmy, had a blast. There were a few moments when they both started getting tired that we could hear them not getting along, but that didn't last long. Riley and Piper got to lay in the floor and roll around. I was a little sad that we didn't see any of our family this year. It's amazing that at Thanksgiving last year we were sharing the news of my pregnancy with Riley. A lot changes in a year! A few days before Thanksgiving I was telling Collin what all I had on the menu and his face lit up as he asked, "And everybody's going to come?" That broke my heart, I had to tell him that it would just be us, but that we would get to go and see Emmy. He was happy with that. I guess I'm a little too sensitive, but that really touched me. He loves having people at our house...and we do too! Even a 3 year old realizes that Thanksgiving is about being with family and friends and for being thankful of the blessings in our lives. We are so thankful for everyone in our lives and especially thankful for our sweet neighbors that let us enjoy the afternoon with them.



I tried to post a video...but I have been having problems posting them. It was really cute too :(

1 comment:

Jaci said...

I'm sorry you weren't around your family this year:( I know how that feels. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't been able to post videos through blogger for months. I started uploading them to youtube first and then embedding them in my blog. It works great and it's faster! I hope you can figure it out:)