Saturday, August 4, 2012

Riley's 2nd Birthday

It's hard to believe that our sweet baby girl is now 2!  She is beautiful, full of life and such a blessing!! For her birthday we celebrated at The Little Gym with some friends and family. Riley loves to run, play, hang, flip and all of that stuff...so this was the perfect place for her. She had a great time and enjoyed the time with her friends.  Her party was held on June 23, 2012 and her birthday was June 24th.   
  The theme for her birthday was lollipops. We chose that because she loves her some suckers!! I had a great time looking at lollipop ideas on pinterest. Actually, I probably spent too much time looking on pinterest, ha. Don't tell Eric I said that! He is always making fun of me for being a "pinterest junky".
  If you notice the bruise on her cheek in the pictures...here's what happened: The DAY before her party she and CC were in my bed with me watching cartoons in the morning and drinking their juice. Riley went to sit her drink on the dresser and when she reached over her cup kind of slid across the table. When that happened she fell off of our bed onto our bed frame! Her cheek bone pretty much took the brunt of the fall. She also tore the little piece of skin that is between your upper lip and your gums. I was terrified! I called the dentist, the Dr, and then talked to the nurse. I felt so bad for her because I knew it hurt so bad. They told me to keep an eye on her cheek because the main thing was to make sure that she didn't fracture that bone :( So, she had a nice shiner for her birthday party.
  Oh Riley, she is so much fun. Her personality just shines more and more every day. Some of the things she says really make us laugh, here are a few of them: "I want some sumpin eat" (and with her Texas draw it's super cute) "Can we go back-side?" (when she wants to go in the back yard to play) "That's super-conduper" (not sure where that came from, but she says it alot) "That's a BING one" (big one, she uses that a lot at dinner if she is getting a really big bite of food) "I willn't" (Yep, she made up her own word for will not, pretty clever!) "there's a druckie" (yes, that means duckie...but I don't correct her because I think it's cute) "look, it's a boydy" (birdie)

  She and her brother, for some crazy reason think it's HILARIOUS to take their clothes off. Then they think it's funny to try and put their naked booty on you. So, Riley being Riley will say, "I'm gonna put my naked booty on you" and then giggle. She's so ornery. Riley is so independent, but yet so sweet. She loves animals and always wants to hug them and kiss them. She even tries to hug the TV when she sees an animal on there. It's pretty funny because you can hear her from another room saying, "Come 'ere, Come 'ere, I wanna hug you."
  She loves Curious George and Super Why. She often yells out randomly, "to the book club!" Eric is smitten with his little angel and every night he tells her (in a whisper): Riley, you're Awesome! (then Riley whispers, Thanks) Riley, you're Amazing! (Riley:thanks) Riley, you're Beautiful! (Riley:thanks)
  In other news, she's potty trained! She pretty much decided one day she didn't want to wear a pull-up or diaper and we just went with it. She was completely trained 6 days after her birthday. In one day we started wearing big girl panties and went from a crib to a toddler bed. Our baby girl is growing up! She is very active and loves to climb. She also loves to jump and her latest thing is jumping off of things. She jumps off of the couch and lands on her feet! I think that's pretty amazing. Whatever CC does, she tries! If she doesn't get it the first time, she tries until she gets it.

No comments: