On our way home from church yesterday we saw a very nice antique car, so we drove over to the high school to see if they were having the car show. We love going to the car show, it is there once a month every spring/summer. We were excited that it was car show night! As we were parking Collin and Riley were pointing out cars and colors. Riley kept saying, "a pink one". Sure enough, we found her a pink car and I took a quick picture of the two of them with my phone in front of it. As we walked through Collin checked out every car there. He found an old rusty car and told me that it looked like Mater.
Afterwards we decided to go out and eat some Thai food at our fave little Thai place. Riley talked non-stop the entire time we were there. It was hilarious, and Eric and I could only laugh...I mean laugh, like almost in tears, at some of the things she was saying. First of all, she introduces me to everyone that we meet. If anyone is talking to us when we are out, or even if they are standing close enough to us, Riley will start pointing at me and saying "Mama"...then she points to Eric and says "Daddy", then points to Collin and says "Cahwin". As we were checking in at church last night she was telling one of the check-in girls all of this and then pointed to herself and said "me". She made all of us laugh. So at the restaurant it wasn't really busy, but there were a few people sitting around us. She introduced us to the older couple behind us. Then she was pointing out that the couple next to us had tea and she kept saying, "it has ice in it" very loud. (she loves ice) Then, as we were looking over the menu she was "reading" all of the options and telling me they had chicken, noonels (noodles), and snake, ha. I don't know what her thing is with snakes, but she had been talking about them all afternoon...she even pointed one out at the car show, on a Mustang Cobra. When the girl came to take our order Riley looked up at her and said, "I want Happy Meal." I almost lost it! The waitress repeated back to her, "you want a Happy Meal?" and Riley shook her head yes and said, "uh-huh, yes." The girl has only had 1 happy meal in her life, and it was just a couple of days ago when I took her and Collin to get one so we could have a picnic. I told the waitress that we could share with her. As the waitress walked off Riley started yelling to her, "eggs, EGGS, EGGS." Eric and I had to tell her that yes, there would be eggs in the chicken fried rice that Collin was getting. Her reply, "Oh". haha. While waiting for our food, Collin and Riley normally take the straw wrappers and roll them up into little balls and blow them back and forth across the table. Collin and Eric do this all of the time. Riley thinks she can do it too and it is so funny because she doesn't do it quietly, she makes this sound, "whooo" but in a deep voice. Oddly enough, she does still push out enough air to move the straw wrapper. In the meantime, another baby was there a few tables away and Riley can spot them out in a second! She pointed out the "baby" (who is almost as big as her) as soon as we sat down. The baby was wanting out of his chair and was crying. Riley kept saying, very loud, "Baby crying, baby stuck" and repeated it probably 10 times. We got our food and it was sort of quiet for a little while. Then out of the blue Riley says, "awesome". That was the first time we had heard her say that. Pretty cute! When the girl was cleaning up our food Riley was saying, "Thank choo, I wike it." I told them she could be their spokesperson, just saying, " I wike it". They always give us candy when we get our check, and Collin loves it!! He always gets the werther's candy, well, he dropped it on the floor. He went to get another one and one of the girls that waits on us all of the time put 2 jolly ranchers in her hand and asked him which one he wanted. He just stood there and kept looking at it, he didn't want to tell her that those are not the kind he likes. I went over and told her what his favorite was, so she got him one. Then, Riley quickly grabbed the jolly rancher and started trying to unwrap it an shove it in her mouth. Silly girl! I had to get it from her and then go get her a sucker (her favorite). I have to keep them in our bag in case Collin gets candy or gum anywhere since she can't have those yet.
Eric and I looked at each other when we got to the car and both just laughed. Collin even said,"Riley is crazy." She talked pretty much all evening. I told Eric that I was reading a little article that I get in an email weekly and at this age Riley should be able to say 0-50 words, hmmm, I think she has that covered! She is our little chatterbox.


No comments:
Post a Comment