6 days from now is our due date for our baby girl! This pregnancy has gone really fast...until now. I am enjoying my final days of pregnancy, and overall, I still feel really good. My total weight gain is only 36 lbs. So, right where they want me to be. My last few appointments with the midwife have been really good. They always compliment me on how I'm doing, weight gain, blood pressure, drinking enough water, ect. That is always nice! Collin and Eric have been able to join me at the appointments and Collin gets to be Dr. Cook...he holds the heartrate monitor on my belly and gets to listen to his baby sister's heartbeat. His favorite!! A few weeks ago I was measuring a little small, so they sent me to a perinatologist, just to check everything. I am perfectly fine with making sure things are okay, but honestly, I was nervous. The last thing on earth you want is to think that something could be wrong with you, your baby, the pregnancy, anything! I had some long talks with God and was reassured that she is His child and He is in control. I would just place my hands on my belly and pray...several times a day (and I still do). The Dr was very positive. He checked everything, a complete biophysical. He said that we are not going to worry and he would take another look at her in a couple of weeks. Yesterday was that follow up. It went awesome! The Dr said that she was looking great! He didn't see any reason to be concerned and we could just continue on. He said if I would like to be induced we could do that, but I told him I would prefer to let her come on her own. He said that he was good with that too! If I do go past my due date then we will start coming to see him twice a week to make sure everything is good. I do not anticipate going past the due date! The day before that appointment I met with the midwives. She checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and my cervix is soft...which means I could go into labor anytime . We talked about some of the contractions that I have been having, I told her how they felt and she said that I was likely having real contractions...not just braxton hicks like I thought. I never had braxton hicks with Collin, so I didn't really know how those felt. That night I had some good strong contractions, but they subsided over night. I sure thought we might be having a baby soon. I had some more last night, but nothing major. Our days ahead should be interesting! I can't wait to see what's in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment