Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Waiting Game Continued
5 days past my due date and here I am blogging...no baby yet. I have had some emotional days, just because once you go past you feel like it could be any day and as the days pass you just wonder what is going on. I have been pressing into the Lord this week for comfort to get through. The biggest thing for me is that I really wanted an opportunity to experience going into labor at home, getting to the hospital and then delivering. I had my heart set on not having to be induced this time...and everything has been healthy with both myself and baby Riley. I started having contractions on Friday, so I kind of got my hopes that it would be that night! Nope, and the contractions have continued, but are not painful. I have had a few that feel pretty strong, but they are not regular or getting stronger. I know that many babies come past their due date and I have read so many things that say anything between 38 and 42 weeks is when they come. It's just hard when you are past your due date and the one living in the moment. At my last appointment they said they usually schedule your induction for 41 weeks and 3 days. And that MOST don't make it to that date. I have a sono today to check on Riley and make sure everything is still good there. I still have an opportunity to go into labor on my own, it's just at this point we are getting closer to having to go in and start an induction. I'm okay with it if things don't progress, but it's still a little sad since it's not what I envisioned. I know once I'm holding that sweet baby girl, none of this will matter anymore! I know Eric is as anxious as I am, and he has been so patient. Collin is anxious too, the other day the doorbell rang and Collin said, "baby Riley is here?" He was so excited too. It was priceless. She will be here soon, we can't wait to meet her!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bless your heart! I know this is full of emotions for you. Riley is waiting until it is her perfect time to come into this world. If it makes you feel any better, my husband was 3 weeks late (his mom said that in '75 in Tuscaloosa, doctors didn't believe in inducing). I can't wait for Riley to join our extended family. Love you and I hope you can enjoy these last few days. I hope all goes well with your appointment today!
I'm so glad she is here now and that you are relieved ;)
Post a Comment