Sunday, May 9, 2010
Seeing Red
Yesterday, as I was taking a shower and getting ready for church, I put Collin on my bed to watch cartoons. The door to the bathroom was open so that I could glance out and check on him. Just before I got out of the shower, Collin got off of the bed and shut the door to the bathroom...so I knew he was up to something he wasn't supposed to be. I called his name a few times and no answer, so I hurried to finish rinsing my hair. As I opened the door and stepped from the bathroom into the bedroom Collin met me at the door, with finger nail polish in his hand! He hands it to me and says, " Here ya go Mama." I took it from him, looked down, saw his toes painted, leg painted, and put him into the bathtub. I told him to stay there as I slowly walked around the bed to where he had been...I took a deep breathe and saw the red polish...all over the carpet. I had to stop for a second to think about what the best plan of action was. I went to get rags, a brush, carpet cleaner and went to work. I got most of the lighter spots out, the ones where his feet had touched the carpet on the way to meet me in the bathroom. Then, there was the "one" spot that was pretty bad. It was like the spot where the polish had probably fallen over. It was a very deep stain. I saved it for last. I got all of the other spots out and then worked on that one. It still has a little pink tint to it in that part of the carpet, but considering that it was red and everywhere, it's not so bad. After I got most of it cleaned I took a couple of pictures of Collin before I cleaned him up. It took about 7 cotton balls of polish remover to get him clean. Honestly, I thought he actually did a pretty good job on his toes, haha. I had to call Eric at the store to let him know that I wasn't going to be able to meet him at church and to ask him to bring some more carpet cleaner home. He said he felt sick with the thought of the polish. I assured him that everything was okay, and that it was my fault for not keeping the polish in a different place. I had it "hidden" in the back of my nightstand drawer, but apparently not hidden well enough. Not to mention, I always have a hard time getting the bottles open because the lids are on tight...not a problem for my little man! I hope all of the Mother's are having a blessed Mother's Day! Enjoy :).JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Please, oh please use this when he is dating that "special" girl one day...hahaha! This is CLASSIC!!! And, he DID do a good job!
The first week I lived in our house (a brand new house with white carpet) I spilled fire engine red nail polish on the carpet. I panicked! After searching many websites I found that cheap shaving cream,a toothbrush, and elbow grease will remove nail polish from carpet.
Post a Comment