Thursday, April 22, 2010

March and April 2010

This will start out as most of my blogs start out...sorry it's been so long! We have been a little busy these days with "life". Let's see, as of today I am 32 weeks pregnant with our baby girl.
This picture is from last week...at 31 weeks.

Collin is still our smart, cute, funny baby boy. He has entered into this "terrible two's" phase. It involves whining and fit throwing. He spends a little bit of time in time-out most days, but we know he is learning. He has also started being shy. Which is totally new to us, because it's opposite of how he has always been. I'm not sure why we are surprised, Eric and I were both shy little kiddos. Part of it could be because he knows that change is coming with the new baby.

He still surprises us daily with his knowledge of things and the words that he uses...of course, he is a genius. I got to take him to ride the mini train in Fort Worth with a small group from church. It was so much fun! We will for sure do that again. Collin could not wait to get on it.

What's been up...well, Easter was fantastic. We did stick to our yearly tradition of being at the lake house on Easter morning. He got to hunt eggs and had a really good time doing it. Here is a video from Easter:






On April 24th Eric's Gramma Rainey passed away. It was a sad day, but we know that she is in heaven with Jesus and Grandpa OG! We had planned on getting to see her when we heard of her diagnosis with cancer, but honestly, thought we had more time. Originally they gave her 6 months, but 5 weeks later she passed. We were able to get there and see her, she was already in hospice, but she knew we were there. She acknowledged us and we could communicate with her. Shortly after we talked to her, that was the last that she seemed coherent. That was on a Monday, and by Wednesday morning she went on to be with the Lord. She still looked wonderful...beautiful skin, hair, no wrinkles. I told Eric that it has inspired me to take better care of my skin! Before OG passed a couple of years ago, he used to wake her up every morning at 7:30am. We find it as no coincidence that she passed at 7:29am in the morning. The love of her life had come along with Jesus to take her home. I just love that story!!


Last week I attended Pink Impact at our church. It is our annual women's conference. It was awesome to be a part of it and I am thankful for the women that spoke...Christine Caine, Pricilla Shirer, Dr. Leaf and Jan Greenwood. Each of them have such a gift and really spoke about things that I personally needed to hear. Pricilla Shirer preached on seasons in our lives on the last morning...it really touched me. Basically, if we are not careful, we will wish away seasons in our lives. Seasons in which God is preparing to bless us. We have to be careful not to think, oh, things will be great once I'm in college, or once I'm married or once I'm a mother. We need to be happy where we are and not miss out on that time in our lives. Since that I have really been trying to soak in every moment of my life right now and plant the proper seeds. Also, they had a portion of prophetic ministry...I felt like God said to me, "Do not entertain regrets. You are where you are, because that is where I want you to be." Okay, Lord, I receive that. I have had to meditate on that and try to figure out what it meant...I'm sure it will unravel as the weeks go on. I do sometimes catch myself thinking about school and my major, what if I hadn't let people talk me out of physical therapy school. So, I think that is part of it.


I think that catches us up...we are just getting the house ready for a new baby! We got Collin moved to his big boy room. Our baby girl has a crib, dresser, and a closet full of clothes (thanks to Gramma and Papaw). Now we have to figure out our office/guest bedroom. It's not quite working out the way I wanted it to. Plus, it's driving me crazy that it's not all in order. Our next few weekends are filled with baby showers and birthday parties...fun times~


Here are some recent pictures:

No comments: