Monday, October 5, 2009

The Big 3-0


So today is the last day of my 20's! I can't believe I will be 30 tomorrow. I really don't feel any different, but it is strange to say 30 rather than 20. Really, I was 20 something for 10 years...so it's a change. Eric planned a "day of surprises" for me on Saturday. It was really sweet. Plus, I had no idea! On Friday night he told me that I needed to be ready by 9:15 in the morning. Of course I had questions...like, what should I wear? He kept his answers to a minimum. I tried not to pry too much. Saturday morning I got up and got ready to go. Once I was ready he handed me a card and told me not to open it until I reached my destination. Then he told me that Sarah would be at the house shortly to pick me up. Sarah showed up and was excited...of course she knew what my day had in store for me, but I still did not. We left the house and she drove me to the mall. When we got parked I opened my card to find some money and a note from Eric saying to enjoy my day and the money was for a new wardrobe! Once we got inside of the mall I saw Alyssa waiting for me. It was kind of funny because I took my phone and told Eric I would text him as the day went on...while I was texting him Alyssa was calling me. So, I said out loud, hang on Lys I need to call you right back...and once I looked up she was there. It was too funny. Shortly after that Ashly showed up. She asked me what I knew and I told her that all I knew was that it was a day of surprises. We went shopping a little and she told me that I did need to find a dress to wear. We headed to Neiman Marcus and once we got there they have a little cafe upstairs...I didn't even know it was there! We had lunch there and that was my next surprise. Also, Melissa couldn't be there for lunch (she was cleaning Jason Castro's teeth). However, she was sweet and had gone up there beforehand to purchase champagne for us to have a toast! We enjoyed lunch and dessert. After that I tried on a million dresses and finally found one. Then I got shoes and earrings. My next surprise was getting our make-up done at Origins. It was fun and I always say that I want someone to do that for me. The guy that did mine did a great job and took the colors of my dress to use on my face. After we did that I got dressed there, in the restroom at Origins. Which was great because it was a private restroom and not a public one! I got ready and then we took some pictures. Sarah and Lys headed home and I got in the car with Ashly and Mel. Of course it was raining at this point, but we had all been in the mall all day long. They drove me around for a little while and then took me to the Silver Fox restaurant. Outside was my sweet husband waiting for me with a rose. We had a wonderful dinner...I was stuffed! For my birthday the waiter gave me a free dessert. Fabulous! I can't think of a better day. It was very well thought out and planned. Eric said that Ashly had helped him a lot with the planning.
While I was enjoying my day Eric and Collin went to the car show. They had a great day together and I think it was the first time they had ever had an entire day together without me. They got to see the Babbs out at the car show. Eric told me that Christi really wanted to be with me shopping, but her fam was in town...so I totally understand. I missed her though :( Also, Eric got in touch with our neighbor, Marisa, and used her cousin to babysit. Collin loved her! Eric said he could hear Collin doing his fake laugh and playing the drums and harmonica for her. He was totally showing off! We plan to use V again really soon, actually next weekend, to babysit again. Here are some pics from my day:

2 comments:

Jaci said...

Awww, how sweet! What a great husband you have! Happy birthday!

Janet said...

How FUN! What a great husband you have, and great friends! How typical that Ashly planned a lot...it's almost like she LIKES to plan...you think? lol! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!