
Today was Collin's first day of preschool! I had his school supplies labeled, his bag packed, lunch ready and thought we would have a nice peaceful morning. Well, I got up and was almost ready when Collin woke up this morning. I went to get him and when I went in his room I told him it was his first day of school. He was in a good mood. He did had a little bit of something in his eye, so I had to wipe it clean and check it out. Then I took him to my room so that I could finish getting ready and then I was going to get him ready, feed him breakfast and everything. I usually lock my bedroom door or else he is all over the house unsupervised, but this morning I left the door open. I knew he was no longer in my room, so I yelled for him. No answer, of course. So, I start going through the downstairs part of the house and no Collin. I got a little worried, but I knew he was in the house somewhere. I found him upstairs and I'm not sure how he got through the baby gate, but he was up there. I brought him back down and started getting his breakfast ready...got that done and gave it to him. I was going to let him eat in my room so that I could blow dry my hair. At the time I had no idea why, but he started to throw a small fit in the kitchen. So, at this point we are getting off of schedule and I am getting a little frustrated. He threw his cup of juice and the lid popped off. Now I have to clean up juice and I got on to Collin. I put him in time out and was mad at him because he did that. I kept saying, "Why are you acting like that", "Why did you throw your cup?" After I cleaned up the mess I looked at his cup and realized that he was so mad because he had chewed on the spout and was not able to get his juice out. Then, I got emotional because the day was not going as planned, so I begin to cry. So, at this point we are both crying and the phone rings...it was Eric. "How is your day, are you getting C ready for school?" I just start bawling on the phone and telling him the story. It seemed much more dramatic this morning while it was happening. I was more upset that I got onto him on his first day of school... Anyhow, I got us ready and in the car. We headed to school and we were not late, but late by my standards since I wanted to be there early on his first day. We got there and I snapped a quick picture of him before we went in. Inside it was a little crazy, kids being dropped off, some crying, others clinging to their moms. Collin immediately clung to my leg. I stayed for a little while and got him situated. Then, I headed to "mourning muffins" to go over the policies and guidelines. It was nice, but the whole time I still wanted to cry. I was overwhelmed with emotions today. I really wanted his first day to be special and not chaotic! After the little meeting I was walking to the car and a girl that I know told me that she just had seen Collin and he was in the room dancing, she also said he was a good dancer...that is just what God needed me to hear at that moment. It eased my anxiety and I was good to go for the next few hours. I did some work, delivered DVD's and even had lunch with Eric. I picked Collin up from school and he was so happy to see me. I asked him what he had done today and he said, "play with friends." So sweet! He did color me a Zebra since he is in the Zebra room at school. His report from the teacher was great. It reads: Lunch-ate well, Nap-slept (30 min), Mood-happy
Today our class: had so much fun meeting our teachers and playing with new friends. Today I: did so well! I listened wonderfully and tried all kinds of things. I really loved playing with the cars and airplanes.
When I checked him out I noticed that the other kids in his class are all there two days a week and Collin is only there one day...so I don't really want him to feel left out. Crazy, I know! haha. We will see how this month goes and then maybe add another day. I think he really likes it! 

Now he's in preschool and getting so big. We are so proud of him and have no doubt that he will do wonderful! Collin is a very sweet boy and is very smart. I love him so much and want only the best for my little sweetheart. It was a little strange today to not have him with me, but I know he was having much more fun at school then in the car with me or having to sit in a shopping cart or stroller while I worked. Next week should be much better! I should know better than to expect nothing to go wrong when you have an almost 2 year old! We are blessed!!
1 comment:
I yelled at Cason yesterday before his first day. I felt so awful. He was being so good but I was so sleep deprived that I let him get to me and I yelled at him. I felt so horrible like I ruined his first day. I dropped him off and called Kelly and just bawled for the longest time. I'm sure you didn't yell at Collin like that but I know you still feel bad. They are two and they are so forgiving of us. I'm sure Collin had a great time, he's so social and outgoing!
Post a Comment