It has been awhile since my last post! We have not been up to much, but we are enjoying the summer. July went by really fast and August seems to be going faster! Our weeks are filled with swimming,
playdates and loading
DVD's. Tomorrow I am taking Collin to the water park for the first time. I think he will really have a good time.
Hopefully it's not too hot out there!! At the end of July Zack played in a basketball tournament in
DFW, so Jim, Missy and the kids all came down for that. It was so good to see them. It was the first time for Collin to meet Missy,
EBK, Ben and Zack. The first weekend in August we went to the lake and had a wonderful time. It was Eric, Myself, Collin, Ed, Adrienne, Allie and Devin. Devin brought his
wakeboard again and Eric and I were both able to get up on it this time. It was a ton of fun and we now want a
wakeboard, ha. Collin is still the love of our lives and continues to grow, and grow, and grow. The boy can eat too! He just about finishes every bite that I put in front of him at any meal. What a blessing! We have enrolled him in
pre-school and he starts on Sept 1. It will be a good thing for him and for me. It will give me a day to work on the business, get
DVD's loaded, ordered and all of that taken care of. I have just been taking him with me to load
DVD's and even though it's not a difficult thing to do, it takes a lot more time when Collin is with me. He wants to run around and refuses to sit in the shopping cart or his stroller. While he's in school I can get it all taken care of and not feel rushed to get finished. It's still sad for me to think about him being in school, even if it's one day a week. We have "meet the teacher" this Saturday. Then we have to buy school supplies and everything. I have a feeling he's going to love it! He is doing a great job already at learning his colors, shapes and letters. The other day, just randomly, he counted to 20. I am really impressed with that, he's not even 2!! His favorite movie is Cars, and now he has a love for Lilo and Stitch. A few weeks ago I asked him what kind of party he wanted for his birthday, Firetrucks or race cars...he responded, "a race-car party!" So, that is what we are doing. I am getting it all planned right now. I got the invitations in yesterday! He likes cars, airplanes, trucks, trains and boats. If you ask him if he likes the movie Cars, he will say it's his
favwit (favorite). Eric is doing well at work. He actually won a trip recently...so I can't wait to start planning for that!! He turns 30 this month! Can't believe it...yes, I will also be 30 this year, but I have 2 months to go. Eric just got some new golf clubs and says he is playing better than he ever has...so, I have a feeling he's going to want to play a lot more. That's pretty much it for now...more to come. Here are some pics to enjoy from the month of July and some from August.




No comments:
Post a Comment