On May 4th we opened our kiosk in Colleyville and May 19th we opened in McKinney! What a blessing it is to have both of them up and running. The first install was fairly simple. It only took a couple of hours and then we were able to load our DVD's and begin renting them out. The first day we rented out 5! Which was so amazing for us to see. We have a program where we can monitor the kiosk from home and it is incredible. Eric and I are quite addicted to it and check it every couple of hours, haha.
Yesterday, it took a little more time to get the McKinney kiosk up and running. We had a little issue with the internet. The crazy thing is that Eric checked it with a laptop, but looking back we think that the WiFi must have kicked in and made it appear as if it were working. However, God had sent us a wonderful technician that happened to love working with wires, programs, ect...so he helped us out. He didn't have to, but he was a blessing to us. We got it figured out, or rather, our tech figured it out and then we were back on track. In the meantime, I had not eaten anything except for almonds and I was beyond hungry. I was to the point that I had a terrible headache, felt nauseous, and then was not able to hardly eat anything. Eric took good care of me and I forced myself to get something on my stomach. Also, Lisa was watching Collin and she got a call that there was a loss in their family and she needed to be with Mark's family. However, she assured us that she needed Collin during that time because he kept her smiling. He is a little angel :)
I guess I should explain why I only had almonds to eat. Our pastor, Pastor Robert Morris, received a word from God about our church doing a 21 day fast as we pray for the release of funds for our new church building. This is a first for Eric and I both, however, we have faith and want to be obedient to God's calling. We are using the guidelines of Daniel's fast. This is a big lifestyle change for both of us...no meats and no sweets. That is basically all we eat! We do have some good friends that are vegetarian/vegan, so they have sent me some good meal ideas. The problem with me is that I was so unsure of what I could have that I just went too long without eating, and you just can't do that!
This is an exciting time for our business! We are hoping that they do well so that we can get a few more going!
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment