Last Saturday my little sister graduated from high school. I still can't believe that she is 18! We are 11 years apart, so it makes me feel so old. I just gave away my age, didn't I? I got to go to lunch with her the day before graduation and it was nice to just get to spend time with her. She has grown up a lot in the past couple of years. She is getting ready to go to college and will probably live at home for a little while longer. During the graduation ceremony I was watching all of the grads walk to their seats and I started to think back to when I was in that same auditorium and how I felt at that moment. At that point you don't realize that your whole life is about to change. You can listen to all of the speeches and try to imagine what life is about to throw at you, but in reality, you have no clue. I remember thinking I knew so much as I walked up on that stage to receive my diploma, however, I now know that I really didn't know anything! Sure, I had learned a lot in school, but not at all enough to prepare me for the "real" world. I told Allie that things will only get better. Any of the drama that goes on in high school will fade away and your true friends will always be apart of your life in some way. You may not talk to them daily, or even monthly, but the with good friends you will be able to pick up right where you left off every time you talk to them. We had a good time and I'm thankful for my family. Allie, I am so proud of you!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Here are some pics from graduation and the celebration at my Mom's afterwards:
1 comment:
Congratulations Allie!!
Post a Comment