
Collin is now 17 months old! We have loved every stage that he has been through and this is one of our favorites. He is learning new words almost daily. His little personality is starting to shine. He loves his friends and has the kindest little heart. At our last playdate Tanner was upset and once he was better Collin leaned over and hugged him. It's amazing the compassion you can have when you are only a year and a half old. He was the same way on our trip with the Hodges' family. Christian was crying a little in his bed and Collin stood at the door looking at all of us like, excuse me, are you going to get him! Collin is pretty funny too...he has started saying, cup-uh for cup. The only thing we can think of is that we say to him, "do you want a cup of milk or a cup of water?" Granted we have that Texas drawl to our words...so I guess he hears cup-uh instead of cup of. I don't really correct him because I think it's pretty cute and it's really his first mispronunciation. He also likes to carry on conversations that seem so deep, but we don't have a clue what he is saying. He moves his hands and shakes his head as if we should understand all of it. Eric has taught him to pound fists...so that is their thing now. Eric tells him, "pound it out" and he and Collin hit their fists together, they are gentle of course. Collin is still our little climber and now loves to jump on everything. He just starts jumping and saying, "jump, jump." Every time I am asking him where his eyes, ears, nose, ect are I have this habit of saying, "um, where is your nose? Um, (as I'm thinking of what to ask next) where are your eyes?". So now whenever we start asking Collin those things he will point to them and the say, "Um." It is so cute. I am hoping to get it on video soon. I am charging the camera right now!
Also, we live down the street from a fire station and every time a fire truck goes by he says "hot" because he knows that fire is hot and I told him the other day that the fire truck is taking the firemen to put out the fire.
I just thought I would share our laughter with you! He is the light of our lives.
Here are some recent video clips of him playing:
No comments:
Post a Comment