Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Birthday!

We have had a great past couple of days. On Collin's birthday Eric was able to get off of work a little bit early. We took Collin to Toys R Us and to the park. After that we had dinner and cupcakes! Collin was not afraid to try it and ate the whole thing!

Collin got to take a ride with Burt and Ernie at Toys R US



He loves to swing



And LOVES cupcakes!



On Saturday, the 6th, we had a little party for him. It was very special because both sets of Grandparents got to come, along with some other family and close friends. It was neat to have my Daddy here because it was his 60th birthday. We decided to do a barnyard animal theme and I had a blast putting it all together. His cakes from Market Street turned out perfect! They used one of the plates that we ordered as inspiration.


He has so many new toys and seems to want to play with all of them! He got some new clothes for Fall too! Charlya Williams has taken our photos since I was pregnant...so it was neat to have her here, along with her husband, Randy, to capture the special moments for us. She will have the pictures posted online soon and I will let everyone know so they can check them out! Eric and I got him a 4 wheeler and we thought that it would take him a little bit of time to figure out how to ride it. Not the case! He got on, pushed the button and took off! It was hilarious. I got him on film today riding it.






The rest of the pictures that I got will be on shutterfly soon. Check out our share site, just click on family pix at the top right and it will take you there.

Also, on Collin's birthday we received a sign to post in our yard and a letter stating that we won yard of the month in our neighborhood for the month of August! Eric is super excited! He always works so hard to make sure that the yard looks good and I really enjoy working in the flower beds. The hard work has paid off. The funny thing is that I know how much Eric has always wanted to win...so I almost made a fake one on April Fool's Day and put it in the yard. I guess I won't have to now :)







1 comment:

Charlya said...

Wow I'm so impressed with your blog! Thanks for having us there for Collin's Birthday Party. It meant a lot to me to be there. From photographing him while still in the womb, to a few months old, to 6 months old and now a YEAR old. He has changed so much. You and Eric are blessed and such great people! Thanks for having Randy and I there.