Wow! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It seems like yesterday we were bringing home a newborn baby. I laid in bed last night thinking about the past year and how much joy Collin has brought to our lives. I am so thankful that I have been able to stay at home with him and spend my days with him. A year ago today I was about to embark on this journey, a journey that no one or no thing can prepare you for. At 1:23 pm on September 4th 2007, this little angel, weighing in at 8 pounds 12 ounces, made me realize that there is so much to live for! God has a divine plan for our lives and I have a very important job as a Mother. I keep thinking back to those moments when we first got home and how I could not put him down. If I wasn't holding him I felt as if I was missing a part of me. He would sleep so peacefully...too peacefully sometimes because I would wake up in a panic to make sure he was breathing! Eric too, he was so in love with this little baby. I remember the look on his face when he was holding Collin for the first time. Then he told me that being a Dad makes you want to take better care of yourself so that you can always be there for your child. That love remains the same today! All of the milestones that he has reached in this year...amazing! We went from a sweet little baby that just stayed put and smiled, to rolling over, eating solids, to sitting up, to crawling, pulling up, and now walking, doing pat-a-cake, blowing kisses and eating table food! No wonder it seems like it goes so fast, each day is filled with millions of new things. Eric and I are so excited to see what the next years bring for us! This parenthood thing is pretty cool :)
Happy 1st Birthday! Collin-we love you very, very much.
I put together a slide show of some of our favorite pictures and video clips over the past year. Enjoy!!
1 comment:
Awww! I love it! Happy Happy Birthday Collin! We love you (and your mommy and daddy!) :)
Post a Comment