I am calling this our season of growth. We are a little over a year into our new journey with Eric's new career and it has been a challenge, a bit of a struggle, but also a very precious time for us as a family in our walk with the Lord. He has been so kind to us and opened our eyes to so many things. He is so incredibly good! Eric's business is in a season of growth. He is growing his practice and loves what he does. He is adding staff, which is great because that will help him to grow his business even faster and it will help him to focus on the part of what he does that he loves (which, if you are wondering, his favorite part is meeting with people...and just talking and getting to know their heart and helping to make sure that their families are financially set). He has also gotten to be a part of a men's group through our church. It is so good for him and I can see how his relationship with God is growing.
We also still have our DVD Kiosk business, which is great. We are selling 2 of our lowest performing kiosks and keeping the other 5. We recently relocated one and it is doing far better. We have another location that is interested, but we are praying and waiting to hear God's voice on how to proceed with that one. Then, the hope is that there will be growth in that business bank account :)
Our kiddos are growing so fast. Collin is 5 and Riley is 2 and 1/2. They are both getting so tall and we can not keep up with the sizes in clothes or shoes. Collin is half-way through his pre-k year and kindergarten is not far away! I'm sad, but also very excited for him because he is super excited about it. Riley will be going to preschool where Collin has been and she talks about it all of the time. I take her to church with me on Tuesdays and she calls that her school. She loves it and when we are not there, she's asking to go. This year Collin is starting to read and write, he's great at math and can color in the lines better than me! Riley is pretty smart too! I took a class in the Fall for speech therapy and had to use her for a project, and her vocabulary is at a 4 year old level. She was potty trained 6 days after her 2nd birthday and has not looked back since! Eric and I are so proud of our sweet kiddos. They have been asking for a puppy lately, which in turn has had me online looking at dogs...Eric's not quite on board just yet, we are still working on him. Stay tuned on our possible growing family...we might be adding a furry baby soon.
As for me, well, like I said earlier, I took a class in speech therapy. I was not able to take another class this semester, but I think I am going to take some more soon. I loved the class and I think it would be something I would love to do when the kids are in school. The only downside is that I have to have a master's to do it, and since my BS degree is in Psychology, I have to do some catch-up classes. The classes are offered online, but are a little expensive. I have also thought about radiology again (I almost did that early in my college career), but we shall see! For this semester I really felt like I needed to focus on spending time with the kids since it is not long before CC is in kindergarten. I am also in a women's group at church, Titus 2. It has been awesome! I have heard some wonderful messages and have really felt the Holy Spirit moving in me. I know that there are great things in store for me and my family! <3 p=""> 3>
No comments:
Post a Comment