



Today Collin started flag football! He has been looking forward to it for months! Lets back up a little to earlier this year. I had asked Collin if he wanted to play soccer or t-ball. He answered "football". I said, alright, well that wasn't a choice, but let me look into it. A couple of weeks later we get this card in the mail, I'm so serious, and it was for flag football! So, I pulled it up online because I figured he would be too young and have to wait until next year. Well, it turns out that he is in the age range! I signed him up that day! That was a couple of months ago. I tried not to talk too much about it because I knew it was going to be awhile before it started. Last week we started telling him he was about to start and he asked about it every single day. I took him to get some football cleats and his mouth piece. This morning before we were heading out he was all dressed and ready and was running through the house yelling, "hut, hut". He was so excited. When we got there the kids got their jersey's and flag belts. They started practicing while we had the parents meeting. Then we headed over to watch. It was pretty funny watching them all learn this stuff for the first time. Most of them started getting the hang of it. Collin would not leave his mouth piece alone though. It was driving me crazy watching him mess with it, ha. He only got upset once, but I think it's because he was so hot and thirsty. They practiced first and then had a scrimmage. Each player played different positions and when it was Collin's turn to run the ball they were probably at about the 10 yard line. Collin ran it in for a TOUCHDOWN!! The first time he had the ball and the very first touchdown of the game. I even got it on video! We were so proud of him and then he was so excited and wanted to play even more. Here's the video:
No comments:
Post a Comment