
Fishy face

Spaghetti on her head

Hiding from Mommy under the kitchen table

Our little angel is already 15 months old! She is so smart and learning new things every day. We call her our little monkey because she is so curious and into everything. One of her favorite things to pull out of the cabinet is q-tips...not sure what it is about those things, but she loves them! She tries to clean her ears and then takes out a handful of them and carries them around. Also, her first animal sound to learn was the monkey, she says "ahh-ahh". She still likes to climb and just a couple of days ago was able to get out of her crib! Eric was here with her and I was getting my hair done. He said he heard a bang and some crying, when he ran up to check on her she was in her room behind her chair. When I got home I put her in her bed to see what she would do, and she put her leg up onto the side and tried to climb out again. It's a good thing she was okay, but now we are trying to decide what to do. There is no way that she will stay in a toddler bed right now. We just carry the monitor with us while she's sleeping and have to get her as soon as she wakes up now. She used to sit and play in her bed for awhile before or after sleeping.
Another thing about Riley is that she is such a sweet girl. She will go up to people she doesn't know and sit in their lap or wave at them. She seems to know when someone needs a little cheering up. She loves her daddy! Of course, he thinks it's the coolest thing in the world that she will hold on to him and not come to me. I'm alright with it, I know she loves me too ;) Sometimes when you are holding her she will just lay her little head on your shoulder and that is one of the sweetest times ever! When she hears the garage door open she yells, "Dee" in this very high pitched giggly way. That is what she calls Eric, I think because we say, Dad-dy with emphasis on the dy part. She calls Collin "C". "Mama" is one of the words she uses very often. She has learned to say "No" and "buwd" (bird) recently. Sometimes she will say "I want" when she sees something she wants. She likes to say ball, she knows what a ball is, but she also calls balloons and bubbles a ball. She says "eat" when she sees food. Sometimes she still says "yum" while she is eating. I think the word she says the most is "more". If she wants something she will get in your face and tell you "mawh" (more). It's cute! She also loves to throw things, and the girl has an arm on her. Recently she threw my cell phone in the bathtub, while Collin was taking a bath...so that wasn't so good. I went without for a few days, but it was time for an upgrade, so all is well. We learned that blackberry's can't swim.
Riley can show you her ears, eyes, mouth, hair, head, nose and belly button...her favorite is the belly button. She likes to find other peoples "button" too.
A lot of times I will get a song stuck in my head, so I will end up singing it and playing around with the kids. One that keep singing is, "this place about to blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh". It's funny because one day I heard Collin singing it, and then a couple of days later Riley was singing it! We were amazed that she had the rhythm so perfect! It's so cute to hear her little voice saying that. Eric thought it was Collin saying it the first time because it sounded so clear. Riley is one happy baby girl and is just filled with joy...no matter what she is doing she is smiling or laughing. We love her so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment