



We had a great Easter. We went to the lake, our little family tradition. It started off a little crazy. On our way there, we ran into a storm. We were driving along and it started pouring down rain...and then it turned into hail! Since the babies were in the back and both sit close to the doors I was nervous about the hail breaking out a window or something. So, I'm trying to cover them with blankets and whatever I could find. In the meantime, Eric sees a place where we could pull over underneath some trees. We pull over quickly into the grassy area, and as we pulled in we could feel the car sink into the mud! It was a muddy mess! As the rain and hail let up he began to try and get us out, but we were stuck! Not just stuck, but STUCK. He got out and I tried to rock the car so that he could push it out. No luck. There was a man behind us in a truck and come to find out, he was stuck too! He started helping Eric push and every time we would get it out a little it would slide into more mud. We noticed another guy pull over in front of us and was going to turn around in an open area of grass. At the time we weren't sure why, but he stopped there and ran over to us. He had a rope! Let me back up a little. As soon as I knew we were stuck I prayed, for God to send us someone with a rope. It's funny, I didn't pray for someone to get us out or for us to get un-stuck, but for a rope. Okay, back to the story. He had a rope. With his extra help we were finally able to push our car up onto the shoulder! Scary too, because it is a highway and I had both of my babies in the back! The rocking motion put Riley to sleep and CC was watching his movie, so he didn't eve care what was going on. However, I knew I need to get us onto the shoulder, but I didn't want to go too far out onto the highway with cars coming at us. I got onto the shoulder and then we hooked up the rope and pulled the first guy out. Then, the nice guy that stopped ahead of us...he was stuck too. He was a bit embarrassed because he had a big truck and he said he felt like an idiot for pulling in to help us and getting stuck. We went down there and pulled him out too. Success! Then, we got back on the road and guess what? Yes, we drove right back into that storm. Ha, but we decided to just keep on going. Luckily there was no hail this time. It was such a crazy feeling, like did this really just happen? We couldn't keep from laughing, once we were out and safe that is. Our yukon had been so deep in the mud that it was all the way up to the bottom of the door! I am thankful for the guy with the rope and so thankful for nice people that still stop to offer help! I was telling a friend about it and she said that it was so cool that I prayed for something so specific...I now know, I need to do that more often!
We arrived at the lake and met up with Eric's parents and his brother. They had been out on the lake and it was like 90 degrees out there. The jet skis were great...well, we have a couple of stories there too. So, story #1, apparently something with the battery and starting the jet ski while charging it...I don't know exactly what happened, so I don't want to quote anything. However, I hear that we are lucky that the electrical system didn't get fried. Nice! Story #2: After riding the other jet ski all day, having a great time on the water, ect. Todd went down and noticed that the back end of the jet ski was, well, sinking. Yeah, they didn't take the plug out. That one had to air out over night and wouldn't start the next morning. However, while in tow to the boat ramp it started up and now runs great. In my and Eric's defense, we were not at the lake yet when either of these 2 stories took place. The jet skis are running great now, and all is good.
Now onto the Easter festivities. Collin and Riley both woke up to Easter baskets and goodies. Collin had a cupcake for breakfast and they both played with toys. We tried to go outside and get some cute pictures, but it was freezing! Yep, after all of that it went from 90 degrees to 50 something. Of course it did. I didn't pack anything warm, because it was 90 degrees when I packed, so Riley had a cute dress on and had to wear one of CC's old sweatshirts that we had kept at the lake. Luckily, Collin has clothes there. We did put some eggs out for Collin to find, and he loved that. His favorite part was the confetti eggs, he had a blast busting them open on our heads! Eric thought it was funny to get me while I was filming, but don't worry, I got him back. It was a crazy Easter, but we have a lot to laugh about. It is always good to spend time with our family. My parents were going to come, but unfortunately my Dad had some issues with his liver. He was hospitalized the Monday after. He's better now, but it was sad that they couldn't be there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment