Christmas was so much fun this year! We started our festivities on Christmas Eve. Collin and I made cookies. We actually rolled out dough and used cookie cutters, it was a blast. We started our tradition last year, but only used the pre-cut cookies. When Eric got home from work he took Collin out to sprinkle reindeer food. He got it from school and I thought it was the cutest thing. It pretty much looked like oatmeal and some red sprinkles. So, they did that and then Collin and Riley put their ornaments on the tree that they had picked out this year. Then, they both opened 1 gift. After that we got on their Christmas jammies, put out milk and cookies for Santa and put them to bed.
Riley hardly ever wakes up at night, but for some reason she woke up around 4:30am Christmas morning. I brought her to our bedroom and nursed her and planned to put her in the pack-n-play in our room. Before I got to that point I heard Collin coming down the stairs. We waited to see what he would do. He came in and told me, "Mama, I'm scared." I asked him why and he told me that there were things in the living room and he thought Santa came. I said, "well there's nothing to be scared of, were there lots of toys?" He told me that he thought so and asked me if I would come with him to look. Mind you, this is at 4:45am...so we got up and went to see. He was so excited and we just went ahead and started opening gifts. Riley wasn't really sure what to think of it all, but seemed to enjoy her toys. 

After gifts we had some cinnamon rolls and then just hung out all day. The next morning we flew to Amarillo. That was an adventure just getting all of us to the airport. It's a good thing we were early, but apparently we were not as early as we thought! It was insane!! We got in line and got through in time, but man, it was crazy. Then to go through security with the 4 of us, taking off our coats, our shoes, our jewelry, breaking down the stroller and then gathering all of our stuff, getting redressed, putting everything back together. Ahhh, I'm almost sweating again just thinking of it. We made it to Amarillo and had a good time. We went to see my parents first and do Christmas with them. We spent a few hours there and then went to Eric's parent's house. We did a few gifts and then went to see the new jet skis! Fun, we can't wait until summer!! The next morning we went back to my parent's house and then later met up with Todd, Jim and his kiddos. We had fun spending some time with them. The last day we were there we got to see Monte, Joe, Sunni and Parker. Then, Grandpa came over and we got to hang out with him. He is so sweet and so cool! I just love him. He had us cracking up as he told "dating" stories. I think Collin really enjoyed playing with his cousins. 



We hope that you all had a blessed Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment