This morning I went to get Collin out of bed and he was smiling and laughing as he usually is in the morning. I layed him down to change his diaper and I said "you are always so happy" and he looked at me and said "happy". I wasn't sure if he had just said it, so I tried again, happy...then he said happy (with more emphasis on the first p). All day today that is what he said. It was so funny because it's not one of those words that we have "worked on" or tried to learn. Spontaneous words are the best!! The other night before I went to have dinner with some friends he repeated cracker when I asked him if he wanted one. I was quite impressed because I think that is kind of hard for a 15 month old! Anyhow, I think Happy is a great word and I'm so glad it's in his vocabulary!
Tonight we had Eric's manager Christmas party at our house. It turned out great! I was worried about fitting them all into our house comfortably, but it really was a lot of fun. He has such a wonderful group of people that work with him. They are truly a United family! I got some pics and I will post them soon.
Wednesday night I got to go to dinner with Sarah, Mel and Ashly...it was long overdue. However, it was a good time, as always. It is wonderful to have friends that you can pick right back up with after being away from one another for awhile. We got all caught up, laughed, cried and shared stories. I am truly blessed!
1 comment:
It was such a great night...and how true that we were able to pick right back up after so long. You girls mean so very much to me, and I am so blessed to call you my friends!!!
Post a Comment