Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bragging on my baby

On the 4th Collin turned 15 months old! We had his check-up on Friday the 5th and it was great. His current weight is 23.6 lbs and he is 31.5" tall. That places him in about the 50th percentile for both. He grew 2 inches and gained 2 pounds since his 12 month appointment. We discussed naps and food. The doctor asked about how many words he was saying and of course I started naming them off. He was really impressed. He told us that he likes to see most babies doing what Collin is at their 18 month check-ups. Plus, he was going to check Collin's ears and he let Collin put the tip on his scope...the tiny little piece that allows him to look in your ears. He was impressed with his fine motor skills too. We are proud and we love bragging on our sweet angel. Speaking of sweet angel, he also is advanced on his tantrums. Yeah, not so much a fan of that one! haha. The boy knows what he wants and when he doesn't get it the fits begin. Eric and I have learned to ignore it and they usually cease. It is difficult, however, to wrangle a 24lb boy in the middle of a fit. I'm sure most of you that have children are already laughing...but man, it's tough. I know I have posted before about how he likes to climb. I keep finding him sitting or standing on various pieces of furniture. And the Christmas tree...bless it's heart. I sure hope it makes it to see Christmas morning. It's on it's last leg anyway. There is one ornament in particular that Collin pulls off. For some reason I have it in my head that I'm going to "teach" him to leave things alone and I refuse to find it a new branch up top. I think there is probably a syndrome that I can come up with for that one. Kind of like when I was pregnant and told everyone that I had pregnesia...since I forgot everything all of the time :)

He is doing fantastic and I just wanted to share...oh and after the appointment he came home and added drink to his signs..which we had worked on FOREVER! Plus, he started saying, :ticka, ticka (tickle, tickle). Anytime you want to lay him down and tickle him he starts saying that. It's so cute. We did that most of the morning today. Oh, and he loves for us to blow on his belly and give raspberries...now he comes to us and lifts up our shirts to do it to us. Quite hysterical...I'm just hoping he doesn't start doing it to strangers.

Happy Christmas Shopping....that's my goal for the week :)

Trying to hold things with my mittens

No comments: