Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thankgiving 2011

Thanksgiving was great this year! Eric was between jobs, so we had plenty of time to spend with our family. We left town and on the way stopped in to install one of our kiosks that we had a little issue with when we first attempted to install. We got it up and running and then drove on in to Amarillo. It was a long day, but we were able to get there on Tuesday evening and have all day Wednesday to hang out before the festivities began. On Thanksgiving day we were at Eric's parents house and we got to see most of our family. My parents were able to come too. We fried a turkey, and it was the first time we had ever done that. Oh my, it was tasty! Later that evening we decided to have "Cook family fry night" and tried to deep fry all sorts of things, cookies, cupcakes, cheese, it was fun. Some of the stuff was a little weird, but some of it actually tasted good. We did wings too, and they were great. We tried some naked, some with breading, and really, all were great! I did a little late night shopping with my mom and sister. We attempted Walmart at midnight on Thanksgiving night...I'm pretty sure I would still rather shop online. It was a mad house, but I guess some people really enjoy it!! We had some good laughs out of it all. My mom, she could have stayed and shopped, but I convinced her that even if she found something she wanted, she would be in line to check out for 2 hours. Then we left and met up the following day to try again. It was fun and I don't get to see my family that often, so it was nice to spend some time with them. We enjoyed driving around Toys R Us and Best Buy to see how many people were sitting out in the cold. We also got to visit with some good old friends that we haven't seen in a long time. It is always good to have those friends that, no matter how long it has been since you have talked, you can pick right back up where you left off. Those friends, are blessings for sure!


Collin got to have a long conversation with his Great-Grandpa. Every time I would walk through the room they would be over there talking and playing with cars. It was so precious and I finally grabbed the video camera to capture some of it. They were talking about gravity and what if we didn't have gravity. These precious moments, that is what life is all about!

No comments: