My baby girl is already 9 months old! She is so happy all of the time and such a blessing. We had her check up and she is 15 pounds, so she's on the small side...however, she is advanced. Yes, the doctor said those words, she is advanced for her age :) We are so proud of her and everything that she is doing, but this Mommy is a little sad to see her growing up so fast. So that I can look back later, I wanted to chart some things that she's doing right now:
Eating...a lot! She doesn't have teeth yet, but you can't tell when you watch her chew her food up. She would so much rather eat what we are eating then have her baby food. She likes to feed herself. I really haven't found much that she doesn't like. She has had pizza, chicken nuggets, all kinds of crackers, cheese, fruits, veggies. We found out the other day that she can drink from a straw. She grabbed Collin's cup and drank from it like she had been doing it forever.
Sign language: She can say Hi/Bye, more, all done, eat and milk. She does the sign for eat anytime she hears someone talk about food or she sees someone eating. She's really funny too, because she does NOT like her diaper changed, for one she's too busy to sit still for very long, but she will say "all done" when she doesn't want you to do it or when we are doing something she doesn't want to do.
Busy bee: She crawls so fast, everywhere! She pulls up on anything, likes to climb (she climbed up our entire stair case with her daddy and brother behind her cheering her on), if there is something or someone laying in the floor she climbs back and forth over them (over and over again), she can stand on her own for a few seconds at a time, and she is trying to stand up on her own from sitting in the floor. She thinks she is as big as her brother and tries to follow him around. I have a hard time giving her a bath because she wants to go all over the tub and try to stand up, sit down, play with everything. I still have her in a little infant tub, but she tries to climb out. She seems to love the water, it doesn't bother her at all to have it in her face. It's amazing to watch her do all of these things.
Love: She loves her brother! If he is in the room she is close to him or following him and laughs at EVERYTHING he does. When we pick him up from school she lights up as soon as she sees him. She is so sweet when we are holding her and she loves on her curious George doll. I tell her, "love George" and she will hug him and kiss him. She loves to give sweet kisses. And she is a Daddy's girl...she already knows how to get what she wants with her Daddy.
Sleep: She is still an awesome sleeper. I realize that this is a huge blessing! She sleeps all night (8:30-9ish) and takes 2 good naps a day. She still prefers to sleep in her bed, however, I have to say she did well on our last lake trip! I was very happy with that. We went through a few weeks where she woke up once at night to eat, at that point I realized that she had spoiled us early on. She had gotten her first cold, so I felt bad for her and I think she got used to me getting up to feed her. She's back on track now though!
Dance: The girl has some rhythm! If she hears music, or clapping, or singing, she starts dancing to the beat. It is so cute! Plus, she really enjoys it after a bath when she has no clothes on! ha. She likes to stand up at her music table and do this little dance where she moves her leg...kind of like salsa dancing. It's too cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment