Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Time 2010




What a fun month! I'm trying to keep from stressing about Christmas shopping and everything, and sometimes I wonder if I'm trying to make up too many traditions...for example, I want my kiddos to have Christmas jammies for Christmas morning, every year CC has picked out an ornament (so of course now Riley will do that), we bake cookies on Christmas Eve, have Christmas Eve dinner, well now that I'm typing it that doesn't sound like too much.


Collin was in his first Christmas program at his pre-k. I was so excited when I heard about it, and it was so cute to get the little notes from CC's teacher saying how wonderful he was doing in rehearsal. I couldn't get him to sing any of the songs for me, but I did get him to sing a tad bit of one. Most of our family lives far away, but Collin's Aunt Lisa, Uncle Mark and cousin Mitch came to watch him. It was a blessing to have them there with us. Mary, from Eric's store, also came. She and Collin are big pals. I went and bought him some slacks, a nice shirt, a tie and some new shoes...he was so pumped that he looked so handsome. Riley was a little fussy on the way there (because we were getting close to her bedtime when we left the house) and I felt bad for Collin, I guess I just wanted it to be relaxing on the way there. He didn't seem to care. I guess that's the Mom in me wanting it all to be perfect all of the time...however, I'm learning to roll with the punches ;) We got to the church, and everyone got seated while I took him to his room. I got a few pics of him with a friend and then went to my seat. Mary and Eric took turns holding Riley in the back of the auditorium...she was happy to be held and walking around. I tried my best to get it all on film. Collin did AWESOME! He was singing and got all of the motions down. You could tell he was trying hard to do it all just right. If you know his Daddy then you know that's where that came from. I guess I have a little of it in me too. After his performance he was hungry and asked for a hot dog, so we all went to eat. It was a great night.

Some other things that we have had going on are Christmas parties. We had one for Eric's managers, one for his store, and then another that was a thank you to his managers and him for all that they do all year. At Eric's store Christmas party Collin loves to go up on stage and help his Daddy. Eric lets him hand out certificates to the team members for years of service. Collin really enjoys this. The rest of the time he followed Mary around and talked to everyone. He was a little more shy this year, but he did well. I took Riley too, so we hung out for a little while and then headed home to get to bed.


We went to the tree lighting in our city and enjoyed the festivities there. It was a good time. We got there a little early and it got cold, so we planned on heading to the car to watch the tree lighting and the fireworks. We happened to get a great spot to where we were able to do that. On the way over there Riley fell asleep, so we just stood in front of some buildings to block the wind and waited for the tree to be lit. It was awesome! We had just about the perfect seat. When the fireworks started we were so close that it looked like they were falling on us. Collin enjoyed it for a little while and then got a little scared because they were so loud. They woke Riley up, so we went ahead and got in the car as they were ending. It was fun, but going places with 2 small kiddos where there are lots of other people can get a little stressful at times.

The two pictures at the top were a couple of my attempts to take pictures for our Christmas cards this year. I didn't get one that was my favorite, so I ended up taking them to the mall so that someone else could do them and they might have some cute backdrops. They turned out cute...and we gave all of them away! I wanted to send some to so many more people, but I guess I have to set some limits on myself. ha. So, if you are reading this and didn't get one, I'm sorry! We do wish you a Merry Christmas and a blessed 2011!! Love ya!

No comments: